Leadership is not a subjective term. It is more than being able to command, manage or direct people. It is actually a measurable, clearly defined, ability to influence others, and motivate them to their inner core. It is the power to effect their convictions into following the path one has devised for them.
Being a leader carries with it the responsibility, to always be considerate of other’s views and values, and to continually work on improving the skills that allow us to effectively connect with these followers. At the same, it demands that we correct the issues that get in the way of earning the trust and loyalty of those we lead.
In order to accomplish my mission, I must remain humble enough to always and continuously evaluate myself and assume the results of these analyses. This will serve me to be better prepared to lead, and that in turn, will reaffirm the success of my life’s mission.
- Core Leadership Competencies: Which Do You Possess? (psychologytoday.com)
- Developing Good Future Leaders (leadershipskillsdevelopement.wordpress.com)
- Authentic Leadership: What value do you want to create in the world today? (beatrizadamsgarcia.com)
- Do You Have the Strength to Lead? (psychologytoday.com)
- David Allen with a Dose of Leadership (gtdtimes.com)